Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Endings

At the end of everything, I like to thing that things always end up how they were supposed to end up and everyone is as happy as can be and we all get what we want, even if we didn't know what we wanted to begin with.

Even if it's different from what we thought we wanted. I like to think that things always work out the way they were supposed to and everyone keeps doing what he has to and life keeps going on and it's all just ok, and the light at the end of the tunnel stays bright because that's the only chance anyone has for real happiness, isn't it? The idea that things will get better, so it's ok if they go wrong for a little while? I think this is all called hope. I hope that I am right. I think, really, hope is all you need. It's reassuring. 

You just have to keep calm and carry on and know that things will be ok, eventually, even if they aren't right now.

You have to chin up, buttercup. 

At the end of the day, you suddenly realize that, really, your life is absolutely perfect and beautiful and you have no regrets, just decisions you have to live with and things you have to change. But that's ok because you can change things. That's why life is great. Because you can do it. Because it's graceful. Because it gives you chances. 

And when it's all said and done, no one grows old or gets hurt or gets sad or heartbroken or angry or selfish because everything that happens transforms you into who you were supposed to be. And that person is happy and alive and whole and immortal. 

I believe in all of these things completely, but that tiny, whiny, nagging someone deep inside me is always telling me I'm wrong and that sometimes you are sad and it lasts forever. 

I'm too young to know about any of this really. So we'll see how this all turns out. 

November is beautiful. It's a beautiful word. No vember. I think maybe 'vember' means all sad things. This is the month of no sad things. I don't do sadness. I love November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment